Top 5 things to get you motivated before a workout
We all know that regular exercise has a mountain of health benefits and that we all should be taking part in physical activities amounting to at least 150 minutes per week. However, the tricky issue is that first step. You feel sluggish and just not in the mood for going to the gym. How could you get yourself motivated? Here are five suggestions:
1. MusicSet your alarm to wake you up to your favourite workout music. It could be dance, pop, rock – any genre that makes you feel ready to get up and go.
2. RoutineEstablish a workout day routine. For example:
- Lay out your gym/exercise kit from the night before
- Have a menu planned for your breakfast
- Have a ‘reward’ ready for when you have completed your activity, like a sauna or steam room session, a massage or a beauty treatment
3. Workout buddyThe common goals and the friendly, competitive edge can be wonderful. Plus, the mutual support can be really valuable when you have a day when your motivation levels may be a little low.
4. Make it funChoose a sport, class or activity that you will enjoy and you will find yourself not only keeping fit, but really looking forward to going to each session. Keep interested in the activity, and you will naturally stay motivated.
5. Look goodInvest in some good quality workout wear and footwear. Choose styles that are comfortable for you, and brighter colours may even positively inspire you every time you put your outfit on. At Hallmark Hotels, we offer leisure and spa facilities at locations across the UK. From a championship-standard golf course at Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe near Stratford-upon-Avon, to swimming pools, spas and tennis courts. At many of our hotels, guests can use our facilities free of charge, or you may even wish to benefit from one of our Health Club Memberships.
View All Posts