Top 3 Homemade Hair Masks For Healthy Hair
Natural hair masks are the perfect way to get your hair looking fabulous for summer. Not only do they nourish and protect your damaged locks, but they are also great because you get to decide what ingredients you use. Plus they don’t come with the hefty price tag of hair salons and they’re free of unnecessary chemicals. Here are our top 3 do it yourself recipes, each targeting common hair problems we all have to deal with.
Perfect for repairing dry and damaged hair. Eggs are full of protein and vitamins which help to smooth damaged hair, promote hair growth and leave your hair feeling softer. Coconut oil has long been attributed to many health benefits, a hair conditioner being one of them. It reduces the protein loss from hair and is able to penetrate the hair shaft enabling the hair to retain its natural moisture. The raw honey is great for adding shine to your hair as it’s a natural conditioner, it help to smooth down the cuticles of your hair.
1 large egg yolk 2 tbsp. coconut oil 2 tbsp. raw honey
- Heat the coconut oil over a low heat until it melts.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the raw honey until fully mixed together.
- In a separate bowl pour in the egg yolk and whisk, slowly add the coconut and honey mixture. Keep whisking until fully combined.
- Apply the mask to dry hair from scalp to ends, give yourself a gentle scalp massage for an extra treat.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave the hair mask in overnight.
- When you awake in the morning, wash your hair following your usual routine.
Say goodbye to frizzy hair with this moisturising hair mask. Eggs are full of minerals and vitamins which will soften and moisturise dry frizzy hair. Mayonnaise locks moisture into the hair and deeply conditions and hydrates hair, softening the frizz. The honey will add shine to your locks and smooth down any split ends that are causing frizz.
1 Egg 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise 1 tbsp. Honey
- Mix the three ingredients together until fully combined
- Apply the mask to wet hair from scalp to ends, ensuring your hair is fully covered.
- Wrap your hair into a bun and cover with a shower cap, leave the mask to penetrate the hair for 15 minutes.
- Wash the mask out thoroughly with your usual hair cleansing routine, condition and rinse with cold water for extra shine.
Banish greasy hair with this oil controlling hair mask. Strawberries are effective in regulating the production of sebum and removing excess oil from your hair. They are also packed with vitamin C which is essential for hair health. Coconut oil is great for rebalancing your natural oil levels and removing the hardened sebum that clogs hair follicles. Honey allows the natural hair oils to rebalance as unlike harsh chemicals used in shampoo and conditioner it doesn’t strip the hair of natural oils.
7 strawberries 1 tbsp. raw honey 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Blend the strawberries before running the mix through a sieve to get rid of the seeds.
- Heat the coconut and raw honey on a low heat.
- Mix the coconut, raw honey and strawberry blend together.
- Apply the mask to damp hair, from roots to ends and leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash off the mask with warm water and nothing else, as the mask will leave your hair smelling divine.
View All Posts