Tips To Survive Your Office Christmas Party
Tips To Survive Your Office Christmas Party The Christmas Office party can be a great way to relax and have fun during the festive season. Survival tactics for the Christmas party have two aims: to keep you healthy and to prevent severe embarrassment. Let’s look at some ways to survive your office Christmas Party:
- While alcohol can make you feel sociable and merry, too much can cause you to embarrass yourself and leave you with a bad hangover. Don’t drink or eat excessively – you’ll be thankful for it the next morning!
- Eat plenty of food before the party, as this will reduce the absorption of alcohol. Drink lots of water so that you do not arrive dehydrated.
- Be wary of punch bowls and cocktails. These may taste fruity and mild, but it is difficult to assess how much alcohol they contain. You may find yourself drinking to excess if you have too many.
- Remember that alcohol, mistletoe, and your boss are a dangerous combination! Be extremely careful who you kiss at the party, as any photo taken of the incident could appear on Facebook to embarrass you for a long time, especially if you have a partner.
- Avoid talking too much about work. A Christmas party is about fun, and you’re not there to remind people of the office. The golden rule of conversation is not to say anything that would embarrass you if replayed the next day at work.
View All Posts