Sol Zakay, Topland Group Chairman, explains plans for Hallmark Hotels expansion
Topland Group demonstrates confidence and investment in the UK hotel market by announcing the next phase of their plans for their mid-market hotel portfolio. Following the acquisition of Hallmark Hotels and Menzies Hotels, Topland Group is bringing all twenty properties together under the newly extended Hallmark Hotels brand from September 2015.
Uniting the portfolio positions Topland as one of the fastest growing owner-operators in the UK mid-market hotels sector with 2,700 rooms per night across the UK. To complement the expansion a new website will be launched where all the hotels can be directly booked, www.hallmarkhotels.co.uk.
Sol Zakay, Executive Chairman and CEO of Topland Group comments, “I am delighted to see the continued growth and development of Topland’s hotel investment with the expansion of The Hallmark Hotel Brand. Whilst ensuring consistently high standards are maintained across the existing portfolio, Topland will continue to operate with a mandate to seek out properties of similar quality with the objective of building a £1b hotel business.”
Topland has committed to investing millions in the portfolio including a refurbishment of bedrooms with an aesthetic and facility refresh, clean lines and a contemporary palette. However, in line with the diversification of the portfolio, the individual flair of each property will be encouraged to show itself. The Hallmark London Chigwell Prince Regent will be the first hotel to undergo the new look.
Lionel Benjamin, Director of Hotels at Topland Group, "This announcement is key for our growth strategy and further supports Topland's commitment to developing our hotel business. We are driven to ensure Hallmark Hotels is a preferred choice for guests. As the Hallmark group continues to grow operational efficiency and a consistently high quality of service will remain the primary focus.
We are supporting this development phase with additional investment in new technology, guests will now enjoy complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi across the portfolio and state of the art gym equipment. We will offer a cohesive and solid brand which our team, our guests, suppliers and partners can rely on to deliver. We are looking forward to expanding the Hallmark Hotels portfolio and plans for the next phase are underway."
Topland’s extended Hallmark Hotels portfolio offers business and leisure guests good quality accommodation and food, in a wide range of locations from city centres, rolling countryside, manor houses and well-placed airport locations. The Hallmark portfolio is solely owned by the Topland Group. Day-to-day activities across the portfolio are overseen by the operator, Bespoke Hotels.
The Hallmark Portfolio comprises:
- Hallmark Aberdeen Airport – formerly Menzies Dyce
- Hallmark Birmingham Strathallan – formerly Menzies Strathallan
- Hallmark Bournemouth Carlton – formerly Menzies Carlton
- Hallmark Bournemouth East Cliff – formerly Menzies East Cliff Court
- Hallmark Bournemouth West Cliff
- Hallmark Cambridge – formerly Menzies Cambridge
- Hallmark Carlisle
- Hallmark London Croydon Aerodrome
- Hallmark Inn, Derby
- Hallmark Derby Mickleover Court – formerly Menzies Mickleover Court
- Hallmark Derby Midland
- Hallmark Flitwick Manor – formerly Menzies Flitwick Manor
- Hallmark Glasgow – formerly Menzies Glasgow
- Hallmark Gloucester
- Hallmark Hull
- Hallmark Irvine – formerly Menzies Irvine
- Hallmark London Chigwell Prince Regent – formerly Menzies Prince Regent
- Hallmark Manchester Airport
- Hallmark Stourport Manor – formerly Menzies Stourport Manor
- Hallmark The Welcombe Stratford upon Avon – formerly Menzies Welcombe Hotel & Spa
Topland Group also owns The Feathers Group of Hotels, The Royal Crescent in Bath, five Thistle hotels in London and one in Edinburgh, Hilton Glasgow, Hilton Brighton Metropole, and Ramada London Gateway.
View All Posts