School's Out For Summer
hallmark holidays hotel summer hallmark-hotel-stratford-upon-avon-the-welcombe hallmark-hotel-carlisle hallmark-inn-chester hallmark-hotel-hull hallmark-inn-liverpool hallmark-hotel-liverpool-sefton-park hallmark-hotel-wrexham-llyndir-hall-near-chester hallmark-hotel-manchester-airport hallmark-inn-manchester hallmark-hotel-preston-leyland hallmark-hotel-chester-the-queen hallmark-hotel-warrington hallmark-hotel-london-chigwell-prince-regent hallmark-hotel-london-croydon-aerodrome hallmark-hotel-aberdeen-airport hallmark-hotel-glasgow hallmark-hotel-birmingham hallmark-hotel-derby-mickleover-court hallmark-hotel-derby-midland hallmark-inn-derby hallmark-hotel-stourport-manor hallmark-hotel-bournemouth-carlton hallmark-hotel-gloucester hallmark-hotel-bournemouth-east-cliff hallmark-hotel-cambridge hallmark-hotel-flitwick-manor
Our Top Ten ideas for entertaining your children on your journey, ensuring your holiday starts the moment you get in your car to one of our 28 Hallmark Hotels this summer are below…
- I-spy – an absolute family classic game that the whole family can play regardless of age
- Enjoy a family sing song - our Hallmark Mummy’s strongly advise that it’s worth tuning in to one of the national radio stations dedicated to kids! ‘Fun Kids’ or the digital ‘CBeebies’ channels are our favourites!
- Audio books – download and play through your car radio speakers – there are lots of free audio books online so we recommend you get prepared and download a couple so you can enjoy some quiet time whilst they are engrossed in the stories!
- IPads/tablets – we know that everyone has their own opinion on kids using tablets to play games and keep them entertained but there is no denying they are a popular option to help pass the time! There are lots of safety settings you can place on your tablet to ensure they are only able to access ‘child safe’ content and a huge choice of apps, stories and games to download for all ages.
- Travel games – traditional games are still a popular favourite amongst families. Not only are they a fun activity on your car journey but can provide a fun activity whilst you’re enjoying a nice refreshing glass of wine in one of our lounges during your stay! Our firm favourites include Connect Four, Battleship and Chess – beware of small pieces getting lost down the side of your car seats!
- Tell a story – Take it in turns to tell a story in a round, each member of the family makes up a sentence at a time…or better still…pass the buck and get your kids to make up a story and share it with you!
- Plan frequent stops – not only is it advisable to stretch your legs and take a toilet break every now and again, but you could tie this in with visiting a local tourist attraction. Our friendly hotel teams are more than happy to offer their own local knowledge and advice on the best local attractions to visit.
- Traditional pen and paper games - Bus and train journeys offer slightly more flexibility as you can get more hands-on with a pen and paper and get stuck into games such as Hangman or Noughts and Crosses
- Portable DVD player – they do not come cheap but are a sure fire way to while away a couple of hours so you can enjoy the peace and quiet….
- Create a bespoke activity pack – if you get organised, you could create a little activity pack for your kids…magazines, paper, crayons and stickers are always popular choices with our Hallmark children..
We cannot guarantee a relaxing journey (hopefully our tips will help!) but we can guarantee that there will be a friendly, welcoming team eagerly awaiting your arrival.
At Hallmark Hotels we realise happy children = happy parents so we’re delighted to offer all children staying with us this summer, a complimentary activity pack on check-in, a FREE ice-cream during their stay plus your little ones can stay for FREE when they share your bedroom – you just pay for their meals as taken during your stay.
Start your journey of creating #HallmarkMoments this summer by exploring our Summer Breaks
View All Posts