Introducing Our Win A Wedding Competition Winners
hallmark-hotel-wrexham-llyndir-hall-near-chester hallmark-inn-chester hallmark-hotel-liverpool-sefton-park hallmark-inn-liverpool hallmark-inn-manchester hallmark-hotel-preston-leyland hallmark-hotel-aberdeen-airport hallmark-hotel-birmingham hallmark-hotel-bournemouth-carlton hallmark-hotel-bournemouth-east-cliff hallmark-hotel-bournemouth-west-cliff hallmark-hotel-cambridge hallmark-hotel-carlisle hallmark-hotel-the-queen-chester hallmark-hotel-derby-mickleover-court hallmark-hotel-derby-midland hallmark-hotel-flitwick-manor hallmark-hotel-glasgow hallmark-hotel-gloucester hallmark-hotel-hull hallmark-hotel-london-chigwell-prince-regent hallmark-hotel-london-croydon-aerodrome hallmark-hotel-manchester hallmark-hotel-stourport-manor hallmark-hotel-stratford-upon-avon-the-welcombe
1. Donna Ellington and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Aberdeen hotel in September. Donna was absolutely over the moon to hear that she had won our competition. Here’s their love story: “They say that it’s a bad idea to date your best friend's brother; but that’s exactly what I did! I had no idea that David Angus had feelings for me until he called me on my mobile phone at my brother's wedding in August 2002. He was a 'Deep Sea Fisherman' and was calling me from sea on the boat's satellite phone. He asked if he could take me out on a date on his return home. We went on that amazing date and many more amazing dates after that. We realised that we both shared the same hopes and dreams for the future. It felt as though we had known each other our whole lives. He was my 'missing jigsaw piece' and the rest, as they say, is history.”
2. Carly Young and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Bournemouth Carlton hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “When I first met my partner Ross, I thought he was silly and ignored him as I'd been let down badly in the past. Later, at a friend's party I spent the whole evening laughing at his jokes and I couldn't get him out of my mind. Since then we have been inseparable and I can't remember life before I met him.”
3. Charlotte and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Bournemouth East Cliff hotel in September.
4. Hayley-Louise Mcclelland and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Bournemouth West Cliff hotel in September. Hayley-Louise was so pleased, but a little shocked when hearing the news that she had won. Here’s their story: “My partner is from Spain and our relationship started with me helping him with his English. We used to talk at work and I'd try and teach him a new word every day. After nearly a year he finally plucked up the courage and took me out for some drinks and we fell in love with each other.”
5. Stephanie Davies and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Birmingham Strathallan hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “We have been together for fifteen years and we have three lovely children together. I’ve planned our wedding in my head several times but something always comes up which never makes it come alive. My partner has always been there for me and our children. I would love to be able to do something really special for him.”
6. Samantha Norley and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Cambridge hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “My partner and I met at work and became good friends. We then both went through a difficult separation with our then partners and we supported each other during these times. I love him so much and would love to give him an amazing wedding day."
7. Zoey Guy and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Carlisle hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “Ben and I met through a dating website in 2012, it was my second date I had off the website and I met the love of my life! We have a son called Harry who was born five weeks premature and Ben was my rock throughout that difficult time! I also have an eye disease called Keratoconus which is progressive and I am losing my sight to an extent in both eyes! Ben has stuck by me 100% through this and works hard to provide for our family. I would love to win this competition to be able to give something back to him, whilst I still have some vision left to see his blurry outline at the aisle waiting for me. He is my hero and I want him to know how much he means to me!”
8. Sasha Massa and her fiancéeThey will be getting married at our Derby Mickleover Court hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “My fiancée and I met via an NVQ assessor about 4 years ago, who ended up being my fiancée’s sister and thanks to an embarrassing question introduced by the NVQ programme we were brought together. We had a bit of a roller coaster ride thanks to illnesses and other life stresses but we are finally settled, the only thing left is marriage! Being a lesbian couple, it's been a long wait for 'proper marriage' to be on the cards so we'd love this opportunity. My fiancée has no idea I'm doing this so I'd love to surprise her!”
9. Karon Laing and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Derby Midland hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “We met on a dating site in 2013. I have a neurological condition and my fiancé knew this and still wanted to be a part of mine and my two children lives. He has been there everyday for every hospital admission and appointments. He knows I will get worse but he still chooses to stay, even with the knowledge that I will be wheelchair dependant one day.”
10. Amy Champniss and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Flitwick Manor hotel in September. Amy was absolutely thrilled and cried her eyes out on hearing the news. Here’s their love story: “We have been together for 15 years and have two gorgeous children together and I have another beautiful daughter from a previous relationship that Neill has looked after every day since we have been living together for the past 14 years. It would be my dream come true to walk down the aisle and marry the love of my life - the man of my dreams. He may not be the romantic type however he makes up for it in every other way and I would love to spend the rest of our days together as man and wife.”
11. Suzanne Marshall and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Glasgow hotel in September. Suzanne has four children, one is autistic, she never thinks of herself and has had to put off her wedding many times. The lady who applied (Lynne) was the bridesmaids mother who thought she deserved it.
12. Samantha Fowler and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Gloucester hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “Me and Simon met on match.com and It was love at first sight. Simon has always been there for me, always putting a smile on my face. Simon proposed to me on Christmas Eve 2015, it was beautiful, as I was unwell he did it at home around family. I would like to take part in this competition to get married to my soul mate and I would like to thank Simon for the amazing support and love.”
13. Colleen Deer and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Hull hotel in September. Colleen was speechless when she heard she had won. Here’s their love story: “We met 10 years to the day, we lived within minutes of each other for a few years before getting together. He used to say hi and smile at me when he passed. Then one day whilst I was with my sister, we were stood at the bus stop waiting and along came Chris. I told my sister I'd seen him around and that I thought he was hot. My sister being my sister, went straight over to him and told him I liked him and asked for his mobile number. He gave it to her and later that day I plucked up the courage to text, he replied almost straight away telling me he'd seen me loads and he liked me too. He is my world and we are so happy together.”
14. Sharon Williamson and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Irvine hotel in September. Sharon was over the moon and speechless on hearing the news that she had won. Here’s their love story: “My fiancé and I have been together for over 5 years. We met at a karaoke night on my birthday - it certainly wasn’t my singing that won him over, but my male gay best friend telling him that he would make a great birthday present for me. After two years, he proposed to me in Glasgow Central station."
15. Kerry Ali and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our London Chigwell hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “It was love at first sight as he walked through my front door with my uncle. Kev then spent the whole weekend following me around and on the last night, as I went up to bed early as I had work the next day. He came upstairs and snuck into my room. We then spent about an hour or so happily chatting sitting on my bed when more footsteps came up the stairs, Kev suddenly threw himself under My bed! We were found out in the morning and he was accused of spending the night with me - (although it didn't happen). What made the situation more funny was that he innocently walked down the following morning in front of my mum, dad and uncle wearing a t shirt that said 'this shirt would look great on your bedroom floor' everyone started laughing but at least Kev eventually saw the funny side. We’ve been together for five years and couldn't be any happier.”
16. Kimberley Van Der Velde and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our London Croydon Aerodrome hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “We Met 7 years ago and he took on my six month old son, we now have two beautiful girls together. We would love to get married but financially can't afford to at the moment. We just got engaged in February and I'd love my 101 year old grandfather to be at the wedding as he's quite unwell. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 10 years old and feel that getting married would have been the one thing that he'd have love to see.”
17. Molly Seton and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Manchester Airport hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “Josh and I went to school together but we didn't get together until a few years after school when we both started working together at the same place. We got engaged in Disney land in front of the Disney castle because he knows I am Disney mad! We now have two children aged two and eight months and would love for them to be a part of the wedding!”
18. Nicola Jones and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Stourport Manor hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “We met when we were seventeen in a night club! Originally I had fancied his best friend and he fancied my best friend but had both failed and it didn't go anywhere. We ended up talking and finally meeting up and going on our first date! We've now been together for nearly seven years and we have a little boy Alfie who is three!”
19. Ashley Stephens and his fiancéeThey will be getting married at The Welcombe hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “I worked at Tesco on the deli counter when she came up and ordered cheese and ham. Then we became friends and after a few months I finally plucked up the courage to tell her how I feel. It turns out she felt the same. Seven years later and we have three beautiful daughter's together.”
20. Andrea Wong and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Liverpool Feathers hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “Me and my hubby to be have been together since we were 13. We are best friends and the amount of health problems I've had which are tumours after tumours, brain surgery and spinal surgery - he has been my rock and got me through it all. He gave me the strength when I thought I couldn't cope anymore. I don't know what I would've done without him. He is my world and we have beautiful children together we just can't wait to get married now.”
21. Kaye Probin and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Chester The Queen hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “After meeting fourteen years ago and getting off to a somewhat shaky start, Mark and I were meant be! We now have two beautiful children and on Valentine's Day he made me the happiest lady ever by asking me to marry him, winning this wedding would mean the world to us and our children.”
22. Nicola Moore and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Liverpool Alicia hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “I met the love of my life when I was 15 at a party which was 13 years ago. We’ve been together ever since. Like all couples we have had our ups and downs but we have always come out of every situation stronger. 10 years after meeting my soul mate we had a little baby girl who made our life and our relationship complete.”
23. Abbie Hesketh and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Preston Leyland hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “Me and my partner met at work. As soon as i first saw him i wanted him to be mine. I am so lucky that he is now. A couple of weeks after meeting we were a couple. Pete is my whole world. He’s not only my partner but he is my best friend, my soulmate, my everything. He has always been there for me and supported everything i have done. Pete proposed to me at home in December which was a surprise and also very romantic, i can't wait for him to be my husband.”
24. Elly Callclough and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Manchester Inn (Willow Bank) hotel in September. Elly’s step-sister entered the competition for her. Here’s her story: “It's for my step sister who has just got married and couldn't afford a reception for our close family. She has been with her now husband for over 20 years and they have a lovely 3 year old son. Elly’s mum died from cancer when she was 14 and I want her to feel like a princess for the day as she misses her mum, and they are such a lovely couple.
25. Keita Siven and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Chester Westminster hotel in September. Here’s their story: “We met in our tutor class in year 7 at 12 years old. We are now both 24 and have 4 year old together.”
26. Shelley Brown and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Chester Lyndir Hall hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “Me and my fiancé Lewis have been together a year today 14/02/16 and we got engaged on New Year's Eve. I'd like a very special wedding for my Royal Navy man who deserves an extra special day just as much as me.”
27. Claire Ogden and her fiancéThey will be getting married at our Warrington hotel in September. Here’s their love story: “My partner David and I have been a couple for 8 years, we bought a house in 2013 and started trying for a baby! After two years of trying i was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries, but with the help of fertility treatment i fell pregnant in March 2015. Our beautiful baby boy Alister was born on 28th November, our little family was complete! On christmas day 2015 my partner surprised me in the biggest way, I came downstairs to my baby wearing a vest that said " will you marry my daddy!" Of course i said yes!” If you would like to have your wedding at one of our fabulous hotels, get in touch with one of our wedding planners here: http://www.hallmarkhotels.co.uk/weddings
View All Posts