With the launch of Downton Abbey the film in cinemas this week, Hallmark Hotels is offering visitors and guests the opportunity to dine like a true Crawley resident this autumn with afternoon tea fit for the Queen. Surround yourself with stunning hotel grounds while sipping a glass of champagne!
As films fans enjoy the excitement at the Crawley household as King George V and Queen Mary make a visit to Downton Abbey, Hallmark Hotels are encouraging ‘Dukes’ and ‘Duchesses’ across the country to enjoy a spot of luxury and refinement at some of its grand architectural hotels set upon acres of beautifully kept grounds.
With afternoon tea delights to sample and appearances to keep up, visitors can sample a British classic at the below hotels situated in the idyllic countryside and some of the country’s historic market towns. Afternoon Tea is a staple tradition in British culture and the indulgence was first created by the seventh Duchess of Bedford in the 19th century. A must-try treat for after enjoying the film.
Afternoon tea is available daily in the Trevelyan Restaurant overlooking the 157 acres of landscaped grounds at Hallmark Hotel Stratford-upon-Avon The Welcombe. The hotel is also within close distance of William Shakespeare’s birthplace; Stratford-upon-Avon and the ideal place to try the British classic.
The Countess – a must for a true Countess of Downton
- A selection of luxury finger sandwiches and open rolls, homemade scones with the finest jam and clotted cream. Delicate afternoon tea pastries, petit fours and macaroon. Endless tea or coffee and a glass and a top up of chilled prosecco.
- £32.50 per person.
- A selection of sandwiches, homemade scones with the finest jam and clotted cream. Delicate afternoon tea cakes and endless tea or coffee.
- £22.50 per person.
Mini High Tea
- A choice of a standard sandwich from the lounge menu, salad garnish and crisps with homemade scone, jam and clotted cream and your choice of tea or coffee.
- £17.50 per person.
For more information or to make a booking for afternoon tea at Hallmark Hotel Stratford-upon-Avon The Welcombe, please contact our restaurant team on 0330 028 3422 or email email@example.com.
Sweep up the tree-lined driveway to the exquisite grade II listed manor house which dates back to the 17th century and indulge in a cream team for two in Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor’s Music Room. Or opt for an al fresco option, as afternoon teas can also be enjoyed out on the terrace, on picnic blankets, or alternatively in the Brooks Room, Morning Room or in our Library.
Royal Afternoon Tea – The Queen is coming to visit after all
- A royal selection of loose leaf teas, freshly-made sandwiches, homemade scones with the finest jam and clotted cream. Plus a selection of handmade cakes and a glass of chilled champagne.
- £29.50 per person.
Traditional Afternoon Tea
- A selection of sandwiches, homemade scones with the finest jam and clotted cream. Why change a classic when it’s that good?
- £23.00 per person.
Picnic Afternoon Tea – served in the stunning grounds with a hamper and picnic blankets
- A selection of sandwiches, homemade scones with the finest jam and clotted cream and a selection of handmade cakes. Perfect for indulging whilst admiring the manor views.
- £23.00 per person.
For more information about any of our afternoon teas at Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor please contact our restaurant team on 0330 028 3406.