A Guide To The Perfect Valentine’s Day
accommodation-leisure spa-health-club valentines hallmark-hotel-llyndir-hall-chester-wrexham hallmark-inn-chester hallmark-hotel-carlisle hallmark-hotel-the-queen-chester hallmark-hotel-london-chigwell-prince-regent hallmark-hotel-derby-mickleover-court hallmark-hotel-derby-midland hallmark-hotel-hull hallmark-hotel-london-chigwell-prince-regent hallmark-hotel-london-croydon-aerodrome hallmark-hotel-the-welcombe-stratford-upon-avon hallmark-inn-derby
1. Valentine’s weekend getaway in one of the prettiest cities in the UK: ChesterWe’ve recently welcomed to the family three Hallmark Hotels in Chester, a pretty and romantic destination that offers the perfect escape for your perfect Valentine's Day. Stroll hand in hand with your partner around the roman walls of this historic city, where you’ll take in the most popular destinations in the city, including the Chester Racecourse, Chester Cathedral, and the Eastgate Clock. Take a relaxing boat trip along the River Dee and take in the sights of this beautiful city from the waterfront. Then spend the evening wining and dining your loved one at one of our three restaurants before heading over to The Queen to enjoy our extensive list of cocktails, the longest list in the city in fact.
2. Enjoy a long romantic walk in the country: LeylandHead north from Leyland itself and beyond Preston to discover the famed Forest of Bowland. Starting from the quaint village of Whitewell, the Hall Hill to Browsholme Hall route takes you through spectacular Lancashire countryside, and doesn’t demand much; 3 to 6 miles amid some of the most treasured landscapes in the U.K. As if that weren’t enough, the acclaimed Inn At Whitewell is also in these parts, a traditional pub that has long been included in the Michelin Guide.
3. Plan the perfect proposal dinner: Stratford Upon AvonIf you're planning on making this Valentines even more special by proposing to the one you love, you'll want to ensure you choose an even more special location. Nothing screams romance more than the birthplace of Shakespeare and what better place to get down on one knee than where the writer of Romeo and Juliet lived, worked and married his own sweetheart Anne Hathaway. Explore this beautiful market town, take a relaxing gondola ride down the River Avon and finish the day off in the perfect setting at our AA rosette awarded Trevelyan restaurant where you can stare at the dreamy views of our Italianate Garden (word to the wise: always check if there’s a window table available).
4. Valentine's Day shopping city break: LondonNothing says ‘I Love You’ like a well-chosen necklace, ring or earrings, and there’s no city on the planet with a selection of stores that can rival London. Head for a weekend in the capital and make shopping a priority on day one, before perhaps heading to one of the British capital’s many galleries the following afternoon, and really get the most from this wonderful metropolis- the world’s most visited town no less. Then in just under 30 minutes, you can spend the rest of your stay in our splendid listed Georgian manor at Hallmark Hotel Chigwell Prince Regent, which is a favourite for weddings so you know you'll be in a romantic setting for the perfect Valentine's Day.
5. Take a romantic train journey: CarlisleTake your partner on a romantic train journey through dramatic hills and mountains on the Settle to Carlisle railway. It's a train enthusiast’s dream come true. Forging a route through Yorkshire and into Cumbria- two of Britain’s most starkly beautiful counties- en route you’ll cross an abundance of viaducts, and have the pleasure of gazing out on scenery that can’t help but make you appreciate the beauty all around you. Who better to do this with, then, than someone equal to those views? When you arrive in Carlisle, check into our striking Victorian hotel positioned ideally in the centre of this historic city, a great way to end the perfect Valentine's Day.
6. Enjoy frosty Winter views on a bike ride: DerbyIf you and your partner love an adventure and you’re staying with us at our Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court, why not hop on a bike and venture out into the great outdoors and take in some of the local countryside. Our scenic route is a fairly easy route out of Derby on the A516 out into the countryside through Radbourne Common and Lees and returning back via the Cycle Path from Ashe Hall to Station Road. On a clear day, enjoy the luscious green Derbyshire countryside whilst on the open road. A perfect romantic activity in the beautiful countryside.
7. Valentine’s pampering weekend: HullTreat your partner to a luxury pamper weekend this Valentines in the UK's 2017 City of Culture. Stay in our four-star hotel that enjoys stunning views over the iconic Humber Bridge, the perfect setting for a romantic weekend away. Make relaxation the order of the day in our serene spa rooms, where you can enjoy anything from a tension relieving hot stone massage to a reviving facial, our highly qualified beauty therapists offer Elemis treatments which can be booked either as part of a pamper package or as a one-off treatment.
View All Posts