7 tips to organise the most efficient business meeting
Meetings help you learn and build bridges, but your time is valuable, so efficiency is crucial. Here are seven steps to help you get the most from them:
1. Confirm the basicsThis should be obvious, but many meetings are let down by people simply not knowing the formalities. Make the venue and times clear, perhaps even following them up with a reminder as the meeting approaches.
2. Prepare the venueAlways confirm with the venue that you have what you need, whether it’s a suitable number of tables and chairs, or the right audiovisual equipment. It’s a disastrous start to the meeting if someone has to stand up.
3. Form an agendaBuild a written idea of where you want the meeting to go beforehand. This will help to ensure that you start and finish promptly and have covered everything you intend to.
4. Make sure everyone’s preparedSomeone at every meeting turns up without a pen! Spare their embarrassment and maximise your time by having one ready for them.
5. Stay on topicAs meeting attendees relax and conversation flows, it’s easy to get sidetracked, so be sure to remain focused. Your agenda should help you here.
6. Take minutesHow many meetings have you been to where what you discussed has gone out of your mind the minute you left the room? If you don’t want to do it yourself, delegate the task of minute-taking to a colleague.
7. Follow upAsk for feedback once the meeting finishes. It can only help make your meetings even more efficient in the future. With careful preparation, an offsite meeting is a powerful tool that can contribute to the success of your business. Why not speak to Hallmark Hotels for a venue that really means business?
Did you enjoy reading all about how to organise the most efficient business meeting? If you did you will definitely enjoy reading How to have a successful business meeting!