10 tips for your perfect Halloween party
That ghoulish time of year has come round once more, but how can you make your Halloween party a frightful success? Here are 10 tips:
1. Choose a themeThere’s no shortage of theme ideas for a Halloween party, whether its zombies, voodoo, monsters, mummies, witches or something completely out of the ordinary.
2. InvitationsA week or two before the party, send out Halloween-themed invites to set the mood
3. DecorationsDecorate the party room with pumpkin candles, skulls, black candles and other bizarre props.
4. FoodUse your imagination and remember the theme. Try serving witch hat cakes, skeleton cookies, spider web brownies or ghost cookies.
5. DrinksServe Halloween cocktails like Witches Brew, Devil’s Punch and Dracula’s Blood, with nonalcoholic version for kids and drivers.
6. MusicThere are many tunes that are good for Halloween. Classics include ‘Monster Mash’, ‘Werewolves of London’, the Specials’ ‘Ghost Town’ and ‘I Put a Spell on You’.
7. GamesA traditional Halloween game is apple bobbing, where contestants try to get an apple out of water using only their teeth. Blindfold guests and get them to touch things you describe. Grapes become eyeballs, cold porridge oats are brains and spaghetti in oil are guts. Gruesome!
9. EntertainmentBook freaky entertainers, fire-eaters, contortionists or horror magicians.
10. Treat bagsAt the end of the party, give your guests Halloween treat bags with spider sweets, fang candy and other horror snacks. For a great Halloween party venue, book an event room in one of our Hallmark Hotels.
View All Posts