Derby is one of the UK’s most central cities, easily accessible by the major motorways as well as by rail with Derby Railway Station located adjacent to Hallmark Hotel Derby Midland. The vibrant city offers a great place for a cultural break as well as a great base for exploring the nearby stunning Peak District.
Take a look at just some of the suggested things to see and do when visiting Derby.
Just a short walk from the hotel
- Derby Roundhouse – 0.2 miles
- Derby Silk Mill - 9 miles
- Derby Cathedral – 0.9 miles
- Pride Park Stadium – 1.4 miles
- Derby Quad – 0.7 miles
- Royal Crown Derby – 0.3 miles
- Derby Museum & Art Gallery – 0.8 miles
- Derby Brewing Company (Brewery tours) - 0.8 miles
Places to visit and explore further afield
- Chatsworth House – 60 minutes by car
- Alton Towers – 45 minutes by car
- Walking in the peak district - 35 minutes by car
- National Memorial Arboretum – 30 minutes by car
- Calke Abbey – 40 minutes by car
- Heights of Abraham and Matlock Bath - 40 minutes by car
Events in Derby
Throughout the year Derby places host to a vast range of events from music, art and culture as well as a host of sporting events including football and motor sport. Just some of the great events coming up include:
- The Hannells Darley Park Concert 1st September 2019
Did you know?
- The Midland is the oldest surviving railway hotel in the world.
- Queen Victoria stayed at the hotel during her reign in 1849.