Derby is one of the UK’s most central cities and Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court is the ideal hotel whether you are looking to visit Derby or to explore the nearby Peak District.
Take a look at some of the suggested things to see and do when staying in Derby.
- Chatsworth House - 33 miles
- Alton Towers - 25 miles
- Derby Arena (the countries newest Velodrome) - 9 miles
- Crich Rramway Village - 18 miles
- Heights of Abraham, Matlock Bath - 24 miles
- Kedleston Hall - 8 miles
- Haddon Hall - 29 miles
- Sudbury Hall and Musem of Childhood - 10 miles
Things to do and places to visit
- The Peak District - ideal for walking, cycling, climbing, pot holing, horse riding
- Bakewell- don’t forget to try the Bakewell pudding!
- Derby City Centre with its great shopping at Intu, boutique shops in the Cathedral Quarter and historic Derby Cathedral
Events in Derby
Throughout the year Derby places host to a vast range of events from music, art and culture as well as a host of sporting events including football and motor sport. Just some of the great events coming up include:
- RHS Chatsworth flower show - 6th to 10th June 2018
- Chatsworth Country Fair - 31st August to 2nd September 2018
- Derby Feste – 27th to 29th September 2018
- Sarah Millican, Derby Arena - 1st July 2018
- National Madison/Omnium – 13th to 14th October 2018
If you’re a keen golfer, Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court is close to a number of local courses.
- Mickleover Golf course - 2 miles
- Ashbourne Golf course - 11 miles
- Moreland Course, Morley - 12 miles