With its city walls, the largest Roman Amphitheatre in Britain, the oldest racecourse and also with the 1000 year old cathedral, there’s plenty to see and do in Chester and Hallmark Hotel Chester The Queen is the ideal base to explore it from. Take a look at some of our recommended things to do when visiting this vibrant city.
There’s a host of local attractions just a short walk or drive from Hallmark Hotel The Queen:
- Historic Chester shopping – 0.5 miles (15-minute walk).
- Chester Cathedral – 0.5 miles (15-minute walk).
- Chester Walls – 0.5 miles (15-minute walk).
- Storyhouse, Theatre Complex – 0.7 miles (15-minute walk).
- Eastgate Clock 0.6 miles (12-minute walk).
- River Dee 0.7 miles (15-minute walk).
- Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre 0.5 miles (10-minute walk).
- Booth Mansion 0.7 miles (15-minute walk).
- Grosvenor Park 0.5 miles (10-minute walk).
- Cheshire Military Museum 1 mile (20-minute walk).
- Chester Zoo – 3.5 miles (by car).
- Blue Planet Aquarium – 6 miles (by car).
- McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Cheshire Oaks (Europe’s largest designer outlet) – 5 miles (by car).
Places of interest further afield
If you’re stopping in Chester for a few nights, how about exploring further afield?
- Cultural Liverpool – 18 miles (Direct trains available with Merseyrail).
- Vibrant Manchester – 35 miles (Direct trains).
- Wirral Peninsula – 14 miles.
- North Wales Coast – 30 miles.
- Snowdonia – 40 miles.
- Cheshire Gardens and National Trust properties - various.
Did you know?
Just a few facts about our hotel that you may not know….
- We’re a historic grand railway hotel.
- Attached to the railway station it’s just 2 hours direct from London.
- Our hotel oozes with personality.
- According to Tripadvisor we’re in the Top Ten for most haunted hotels in the world!
- It’s the largest hotel in the city (221 bedrooms!).
- It’s quicker to get to Chester from Manchester Airport than Manchester city centre.