If you’re planning a getaway to the North to explore Cumbria and the surrounding areas, a stay at Hallmark Hotel Carlisle is a must. The hotel is an ideal base for exploring a host of attractions for all ages from historic castles to shopping and walks along Hadrian’s Wall.
Take a look at just some of the suggested things to see and do when visiting Carlisle.
Local attractions near the hotel
- Tullie House Museum – 5-minute walk
- Guildhall Museum – 5-minute walk
- Carlisle Castle – 10-minute walk
- Hadrians Wall Carlisle Path – 10-minute walk
- Gretna Gateway – 20-minute drive away
Things to do in Carlisle
- Walby Farm Park – 15-minute drive
- Jennings Brewery Shop and Tour – 45-minute drive
- Energi Trampoline Park – 5- minute drive or 15-minute walk
- AMF Bowling – 10-minute walk
- Lanes Shopping Centre – 5-minute walk
Events in Carlisle
Throughout the year Carlisle plays host to a vast range of events from music, art and culture. Here are just a handful of some of the great events coming up this year:
- Old Fire Station (various music events)
- The Sands Centre (various shows)
- Carlisle Fire Show - 4th November
If you’re a keen golfer, there are several golf courses near Hallmark Hotel Carlisle.
- Stony Holme – 7-minute drive
- Carlisle Golf Club – 13-minute drive
- Eden Golf Club – 17-minute Drive