As well as the award winning beaches voted the best in the UK by Tripadvisor, there's plenty to see and do in and around Bournemouth. From things to do as a family, to the best free things to do in the area and the best places to visit further afield, you'll be spoilt for choice. Take a look at our recommended things to do on the South Coast throughout the year when staying at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff.
- Get into the swing of things with the Jazz by the Sea Festival.
- Discover a bargain at the Farmer Palmer’s Car Boot Sale.
- Gain free entry as a spectator to the Dream Machine weekly motorcycle meet at Poole Quay.
- Watch Bournemouth’s own Bourne Free Pride parade.
- Join in the free festivities at the annual Summer Live festival.
- Experience local life at the Westbourne Farmers Market every first Saturday of the month.
- Take a ride in the Red Arrows Simulator near Bournemouth Pier.
- Witness the stars of the big top at the circus spectacle, Circa Tsuica: Now or Never.
- Raise a glass at the UK’s first dedicated Prosecco & Fizz Festival.
- Get set for the Bournemouth Air Festival, a four-day action and entertainment extravaganza.
- Immerse yourself in culture at the Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival.
- Dance away the evening at the Pavilion Tea Dance.
- Admire the serenity of the Central and Upper Gardens.
- Experience another world with the double Tarzan Swing at Go Ape, ten miles north of the town.
- See a live event or exhibition at the Bournemouth International Centre.
- Soak up the picturesque winter scenery at the Bournemouth Central Garden.
- Take a refreshing winter walk through the New Forest.
- Tackle your Christmas shopping with Bournemouth’s very own German-style Christmas Market.
- Get your skates on and enjoy the BIC’s Cool Coast winter ice rink.
- Entertain the children with the annual Bournemouth Christmas Pantomime.
- Scale the walls at the Rockreef on Bournemouth Pier, home to 28 climbing walls perfect for every age group.
- Bournemouth Winter Christmas Tree Wonderland 16th November to 2nd January. Click here for more details.
- Fly over the surf at the world’s first pier-to-shore zip wire.
- Enjoy cream tea at the Russel Cotes Art gallery.
- Explore the miles of golden sand with a Front Bike Hire.
- Take a stroll through Britain’s only natural World Heritage Site, the nearby Jurassic Coast.
- Follow the Tree Trail through the restored Victorian gardens of Boscombe Chine.
- Make a splash at the Splashdown action water park in nearby Poole, perfect for the little ones.