If you're heading to Bournemouth for a short break there's plenty of things to see and do, many attractions are just a short walk from Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton. Take a look at the top 10 things to do in Bournemouth!
Top 10 Bournemouth Sights
- Hengistbury Head Beach – 4 miles.
- Oceanarium Bournemouth – 13-minute walk.
- Russel-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum – 5-minute walk.
- Southbourne Beach – 2.5 miles.
- Bournemouth Natural Science Museum – 15-minute walk.
- Lower Gardens – 15-minute walk.
- St Peter’s Church – 15-minute walk.
- Bournemouth Pier – 15-minute walk.
- Boscombe Chine Gardens – 20-minute walk.
- Shelley Theatre – 30-minute walk or 5-minute drive.
Free Things to Do
- Observe the beauty of the Bournemouth Gardens, which is Listed Grade II in the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens.
- Head to the picturesque market town of Wimborne Minster, the largest and longest model town in England.
- Behold the innovative sculptures of the Boscombe Arts Trial.
- Immerse yourself in the local history at the Poole Museum.
Things to do with the family
- Stroll down the Boscombe Pier musical trail, which is lined with many unique musical instruments and houses a mini golf course.
- Ride on the Bournemouth land trains around the piers.
- Head to the nostalgic Bournemouth Funfair – featuring a seasonal collection of rides for all the family.
- Bournemouth Winter Christmas Tree Wonderland 16th November to 2nd January. Click here for more details.
Unique facts about Bournemouth
- The people of Bournemouth get to enjoy on average 7.7 hours of summer sunshine a day.
- Many great literary writers holidayed in Bournemouth, including JRR Tolkien and Enid Blyton.
- The Beatles played the most concerts here after London and Liverpool.
- Over 750,000 ice creams are served on its seafront annually.