Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe is a Grade II listed 19th Century Mansion surrounded by 157 acres of landscaped grounds in the idyllic countryside, offering an 18-hole championship golf course and brand new spa facilities.
Join our Hotel as a Sous Chef and you’ll be right at the cutting edge of our kitchen’s creativity. You’ll be second in command to the Head Chef, adding your experience and wisdom to the whole team.
As being part of an expanding hotel group, you will;
- Have the opportunity to achieve a retention bonus over the course of a year of up to £1000* tax free cash
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 50% off all food and beverage within any Hallmark Hotel
- Free off-peak membership to our refurbished spa and leisure club, discounted use of the 18 hole golf course along with our driving range within the hotel grounds
- Meals on duty and Uniform
- Take advantage of our advanced learning and development courses available to gain qualifications and further your career
- Enjoy discounted rates across the whole Hallmark Hotel portfolio available to yourself, friends and family
- Benefit from taking an additional paid day off for your Birthday each year
- Earn a complimentary 2-night stay for you and a guest per each year of completed service
You’ll need to be a talented chef with a passion for food and will be working in a diverse environment where no two days are the same. You’ll be able to bring the best out in others and you’ll take pride in every successful service.
As part of the role of Sous Chef you will be expected to support a working environment which promotes positive attitude, pride and good morale, ensuring high standards of quality control, handling and storage of commodities to current legislation and supporting the Head Chef in maintaining health and safety audits to company standard.
A hygiene qualification, excellent food knowledge and food safety awareness are all be essential for this role, but we’re interested in your personality and potential too.
- You must thrive under pressure
- You’ll have great communication skills
- You should be able to lead a team
- You’ll set yourself the highest standards
If this sounds like the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you! Please forward your CV to our Head Chef Richard.Green@Hallmarkhotels.co.uk
(*Terms and conditions apply. This is a non-contractual benefit)