As Sous Chef, main duties will include:
- To assist the Head Chef with the ordering of food items from nominated suppliers
- To assist in developing dishes for incorporation in the menus.
- To actively ensure that dishes are produced to a consistent high standard.
- To provide technical guidance, advice and training to staff and take immediate action on any shortfalls of standards.
- To ensure high standards of quality control, handling and storage of commodities to current legislation, governing handling, storage and processing.
- To ensure the correct storage of foodstuffs in section and ensure proper stock rotation and security. To comply with any food control and issuing systems.
- Ensure that internal communications requirements linking kitchen personnel with other operating departments of the hotel are working efficiently.
- To prepare rotas, forecast wages and timesheets for all members of the department ensuring that staffing levels are correct and within the set budgets in Chefs absence.
- To achieve the best gross profit levels in relation to budgets and turnover.
- To attend Heads of Departments meetings and Operations meetings in chefs absence.
- To ensure the entire kitchen team are wearing the correct uniform and that all staff wear a hat of some description.
- To complete any other reasonable tasks as requested by a member of the Management team.
- To support a working environment which promotes positive attitude, pride and good morale.
Along with a competitive salary, excellent training & development opportunities we offer;
- 28 Days Holiday
- Modern Tailored Uniform
- Meals on Duty
- Complimentary 2 night stay at any Hallmark Hotel for each full years completed service
- Discounted Hotel Stays Across the Company Portfolio
- Additional Day Off To Celebrate Your Birthday Each Year
If you wish to apply for this role, please forward your CV to Daniel.Turner@HallmarkHotels.co.uk