We are currently recruiting for an exciting role of Reception Manager at Hallmark Liverpool Inn.
General Scope and Purpose of the Position:
To ensure efficient friendly service is offered when dealing with all guest requirements at the front desk and handling telephone enquiries effectively.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the smooth running of the Reception operation and ensure that the set standards are met and maintained at all times.
- To ensure exceptional customer care and service are the primary objectives for all staff within the Reception
- To create an environment which promotes employee motivation and encourages the team to take pride in their work area, the hotel and themselves.
- To ensure that the presentation of all staff is immaculate on all occasions, both uniform and personal presentation.
- To ensure all staff are fully aware of the booking procedures to maximise the sale and revenue in the hotel
- To compile, and be responsible for effective rosters.
- To attend in person, all heads of department meetings, operations and 10am meetings.
- Assist the reservations team with administration as required.
- Co-operate with all departments in the hotel to ensure the correct reports and information are provided on request.
- Work with front office software to ensure hotel records and databases are up to date.
- Handle all event enquires obtaining relevant information and passing this on as required.
- Ensure the front desk is kept presentable and manned at all times.
- Raise charges for No show reservations and forward invoices accordingly.
- Process deposits for hotel events.
Health & Safety
- To be fully conversant with the duties as stated in the safety polices formulated by Hallmark Hotel
- To comply with all statutory and company regulations relating to Licensing, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Fire, Emergency Procedures, Security of Premises and Property.
- To be aware of all COSHH regulations in relation to specific chemicals used within the Reception department.
- To be aware of all health & Safety regulations whilst at work, particularly in relation to any lifting required.
- To ensure that all necessary first aid be carried out and report forms completed.
- To ensure all employees in the department receive relevant H&S, COSHH, and Risk Assessment training to comply with hotel, corporate and legal requirements.
- To ensure all employees in the department meet all security, Fire and Bomb Threat requirements within the department
- To be responsible for the care and maintenance of all Reception equipment and to ensure your staff maintain their equipment with due diligence.
- To identify and report any maintenance requirements or potential hazardous situations
- To ensure that all incidents are properly recorded on the appropriate form, I.e. incident report form, violent incident, theft.
- To maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in all aspects of your work.
Recruitment & Training
- To develop an effective team through communication, guidance and training and to display effective leadership and to enforce disciplines where required.
- To liaise with Human Resources for the interviewing and recruitment of staff as are necessary for the effective running of the Reception , ensuring completion of the Talent Selection Process.
- To ensure that all new employees receive a structured and standardised induction to the department.
- Carry out appraisals for all employees in department in accordance with company standards, including; probation reviews, 6 month and annual appraisals within time guidelines.
- To maintain cordial relations with other heads of departments and through effective communication, to be aware of all matters effecting the running of the hotel.
- To liaise and work with Human Resources on all issues of discipline and grievance.
- To be an ambassador for the hotel and to conduct yourself in an exemplary manner.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar position and a desire to build their career within the hospitality industry with experience of using OPERA or a similar system.
This role is on a full time basis working 5 out of seven days including evenings and weekends.
In return we can offer a competitive salary and development opportunities within a fast growing group of 28 hotels, other benefits include :-
- Additional day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Discounted team rates at all of our properties.
- Discount of 50% on Food & Beverages at all of our properties.
- Team recognition rewards.
- Meals on duty.
-Modern and Stylish Uniform.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org