An exciting opportunity has become available at Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor.
To be responsible for the running of the Housekeeping department, and maintaining good housekeeping standards throughout the hotel.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organisation of staff resources to cope with the daily work schedule.
- To liaise with maintenance to ensure that the physical condition of all areas under the Housekeeping control are properly maintained.
- To be accountable for the financial performance of the department against budget.
- To carry out interviewing, recruiting, departmental inductions and training of all new members of staff.
- Keeping Health and Safety records up to date and arrange yearly COSSH training.
- To comply with all Health and Safety, COSSH, security and fire safety regulations.
- Maintaining the standards set out by Hallmark with regards to cleanliness and presentation.
- Over seeing the smooth running of the linen room.
- Being responsible for outside contractors linked with housekeeping i.e.:- window cleaners, plant rental, sanitary bins/towels, bed bug inspections and to monitor the standard of work they provide.
- To carry out Duty Management shifts as requested by senior management.
- Keeping the department stocked with essential supplies i.e. toiletries, cleaning materials and beverages.
- Preparing the weekly forecast wage sheets and rotas for the department.
- To be responsible for all members of the Housekeeping team, be enthusiastic, positive and approachable, have time for them and make sure they are good ambassadors for Hallmark Hotels.
- To carry out the Christmas decorations in the public areas of the hotel.
- Control the lost property by recording, storing and returning.
- Ensure good communication skills with the other departments in the hotel.
- Prepare the yearly budget for the Housekeeping Department.
- Liaise with the General Manager and Maintenance with regards to the hotel’s planned redecoration and maintenance plan.
- Ensure First Aid supplies in the department are stocked.
- To provide excellent customer service and to ensure all members of staff are courteous and helpful towards guests.
- To assist other Heads of Departments if required.
- To monitor team members progress and provide regular feedback and advice during employee appraisals.
- The list of duties above is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There will be other duties and requirements associated with your post and you may be required to undertake such duties as may be reasonably required of you.
What you'll get in return
- Salary dependant on experience
- Birthdays off each year
- Two night stay in any Hallmark hotel following anniversary of start date
- Meals on duty (where possible)
- Uniform provided
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you. Email your full details to email@example.com