- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 50% off all food and beverage within any Hallmark Hotel
- Enjoy meals on duty and a Uniform
- Gain access to free usage of the hotel gym and leisure facilities
- Take advantage of our advanced learning and development courses available to gain qualifications and further your career
- Enjoy discounted rates across the whole Hallmark Hotel portfolio available to yourself, friends and family
- Benefit from taking an additional paid day off for your Birthday each year
- Earn a complimentary 2-night stay for you and a guest per each year of completed service
Main duties and responsibilities of the Food and Beverage Assistant:
·To ensure the smooth running of the Restaurant operation and ensure that the set standards are met and maintained at all times
·To ensure exceptional customer care and service are the primary objectives for all staff within the Restaurant and Bar
·To create an environment which promotes employee motivation and encourages the team to take pride in their work area, the hotel and themselves
·To ensure that the presentation of all staff is immaculate on all occasions, both uniform and personal presentation.
·To ensure all staff are fully aware of the diary / booking procedure to maximise covers and revenue in the Restaurant.
·Taking responsibly for Conference and Banqueting operation;
·Have an understanding of all hotel facilities and events available in order to provide the information to guests.
·To compile, and be responsible for effective rosters and to ensure the correct balance of staff for the smooth running of all food services in the managers absence
·To liaise with the Sales Team to a) ensure that you have comprehensive details of all relevant functions and that you and your staff are fully aware of all customer requirements and b) on promotional literature and special offers. Ensuring all team members are adequately briefed on all aspects of the promotion.
·To maintain regular and effective communication with the Kitchen and your team on a daily basis with the through briefing and de-briefing sessions and monthly departmental meetings.
·To seek every opportunity to maximize sales by positively promoting the hotel and your department and by encouraging all staff ‘to up sell’
·To be familiar with the cashiering and billing operation and to ensure that all charges are correctly applied and that all restaurant paperwork is checked and passed to the appropriate control department
This role is part-time, working 30 hours per week over 5 days.
if this sounds like you, please apply today by forwarding your CV to John.Atkinson@Hallmarkhotels.co.uk