Along with a competitive salary, excellent training & development opportunities Hallmark Hotels offer our staff:
- Meals on duty (where possible)
- Discounted hotel stays across the Company portfolio
- Discount of 50% off all food and beverage within any Hallmark Hotels
- Additional day off to celebrate your birthday each year
- Complimentary 2 night stay for you and another per each year of service completed
The main duties and responsibilities of the Chef de Partie include:
- Maintain excellent standards of food from preparation through to presentation.
- Maintain portion control and to control food costs and to monitor all food wastage.
- Assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef with the ordering of food items from nominated suppliers.
- Actively participate in the training of the staff members.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to staff and take immediate action on any shortfalls of standards.
- Assist in developing dishes for incorporation in the menus.
- Keep preparation area and kitchen clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that all mise-en-place and preparations for orders are completed to ensure a smooth and efficient service.
- Ensure high standards of quality control, handling and storage of commodities to current legislation, governing handling, storage and processing.
- Support a working environment which promotes positive attitude, pride and good morale.