Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe is a Grade II listed 19th Century Mansion surrounded by 157 acres of landscaped grounds in the idyllic countryside, offering an 18-hole championship golf course and brand new spa facilities.
As Assistant Head Greenkeeper, you will be expected to take control, accountability and ownership for the management of the greens within the overall policies and controls established by the company and hotel General Manager, ensuring that the brand values and standards are delivered, and budgeted profitability achieved.
Being part of an expanding hotel group, you will;
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 50% off all food and beverage within any Hallmark Hotel
- Enjoy free off-peak membership to our refurbished spa and leisure club and discounted use of the 18-hole golf course and driving range within the hotel grounds
- Take advantage of our advanced learning and development courses available to gain qualifications and further your career
- Enjoy discounted rates across the whole Hallmark Hotel portfolio available to yourself, friends and family
- Benefit from taking an additional paid day off for your Birthday each year
- Earn a complimentary 2-night stay for you and a guest per each year of completed service
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To lead and create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the Golf Club/ Hotel.
- To maintain effective communication within the team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending hotel meetings when required
- To be fully aware of planned programme of events, golf societies and corporate days ensuring that staffing levels are correct, and the team members are fully prepared and the course is prepared accordingly.
- To aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets
- To control and monitor payroll costs in line with forecasted business levels and targets. This to include maintenance and repair of greenkeeping machinery and equipment following company procedures.
- To have knowledge and ability to maintain and repair equipment and tools or arrange for this to be done when authorised.
- To carry out your duties in a safe manner having regard for the health, safety and welfare of self, colleagues, guests and other persons on the premises.
- To have a full understanding of hotel golf club requirements and act accordingly to ensure continuity of supply of services with minimum disruption to systems and the overall operation.
If this sounds like you, please apply today by forwarding your CV to Tom.Waldron@Hallmarkhotels.co.uk