At Hallmark Hotels we take the use, the confidentially and the protection of your personal data very seriously. Please take some time to read our policy on how we use, safeguard your data and protect the information that we gather from you. We’ve tried to use basic terminology where possible but if you have any queries, please email email@example.com
HALLMARK HOTELS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Hallmark Hotels respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This document (“Privacy Statement”) aims to give you information on how the Group (as defined below) collects and processes your personal data.
Hallmark Hotels is made up of a number of different legal entities (collectively the “Group”), details of which may be provided on request. This Privacy Statement is issued on behalf of the Group so when we mention “Hallmark Hotels”, "we", "us" or "our" in this Privacy Statement, we are referring to the relevant company in the Group which is responsible for processing your data.
BASIS ON WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only process your personal data where we have a lawful reason for doing so. The lawful basis for our doing so will be one of the following:
- Where the processing is necessary in order to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract we have entered into with you;
- Where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- Where the processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party);
- Where processing is necessary to protect our, your interests (or someone else’s interests); or
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
Some of the grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal data. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
Information about you may be collected directly from you (including as a result of your use of our website and services), or from third parties such as online travel agents. If you do not provide certain information when requested, or object to our collecting or processing of such data, we may not be able to provide services to you or fulfil your reservation.
The types of personal data we may collect and process about you include:
- Age and date of birth
- Passport or other government-issued identification details
- Contact information (such as billing address, email address, and phone number)
- Payment information (such as bank or credit card details)
- Employment information (such as employer and job title)
- Information related to your reservation, stay or visit to any of our hotels (including any use of services or facilities)
- Information regarding meetings and events held at our hotels, which are planned or attended by you
- Information about vehicles you may bring onto our properties
- Guest preferences and requirements
- Correspondence and other communications (including the recording or monitoring of customer service calls for quality assurance and training purposes)
- Reviews of and opinions about our hotels
- Marketing and communication preferences
- CCTV footage and other information obtained through other electronic means such as key card records
We may also ask for details about any persons travelling with you (for example, name and age).
Sensitive Personal Data
We may in certain circumstances collect sensitive personal data about you, such as information about your health, where it is volunteered by you or if we are required to do so pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
Usage and Technical Data
We may collect technical data such as your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
We may also collect information about how you use our website, products and services (“Usage Data”).
We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyse usage of this website. You can learn more about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners and opt out by downloading the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on, which is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under the age of 18.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your information:
- To provide you with the services you have requested (such as reservations or gift vouchers)
- To process payments
- To meet your particular needs (such as the provision of disability access)
- To contact you in connection with your reservation or event booking (including confirmation and pre-arrival messages)
- To provide you with customer service before, during or after your stay or visit to any of our hotels
- To ensure the safety of guests, staff and other visitors to our hotels and the security of the premises
- To customise, modify or improve our services
- For security and fraud monitoring and prevention purposes
- To provide or offer newsletters and information about events or promotions as well as other marketing communications in accordance with any preferences you have conveyed
- To identify usage trends and enhance our services and web presence
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be shared with other entities in the Group and where necessary or appropriate with external providers of hotel management services.
Your personal data may be shared with our professional advisors (such as solicitors and accountants), consultants and other third party service providers (e.g. IT, security, event planners, caterers, etc.). We may also share your personal data with governmental agencies and regulatory authorities.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal data as required by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with any judicial proceedings, court order, request from a regulatory or governmental authority, or any other legal or investigatory process involving either or both of us or any of our affiliates or for the purposes of national security or public importance.
Should we, or any of our hotels or affiliates, be the subject of a takeover, divestment or acquisition we may disclose your personal data to the new owner of the relevant entity or business and their advisors.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
In order to keep you informed about our latest news and opportunities, we may, subject to applicable law, send emails and other marketing communications and promotional materials to you. If you do not wish to receive such correspondence from us, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in each email that we send to you or alternatively you may contact us using the details provided below.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
To the extent your personal data is transferred to countries outside of the EEA, such transfers will only be made in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, misused or accessed in an unauthorised way, or otherwise inadvertently disclosed or altered. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will keep your personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required by law. We will not keep more information than we need for those purposes.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL DATA
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. If your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee or, alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- Withdraw your consent in the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Statement at any time. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal data.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please contact us using the details below.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: The Data Controller
Derby Support Centre
21 Midland Road
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.