• The competition is organised by Hallmark Hotels, registered in the UK under Topland Hotels (No 14) Limited, 55 Baker Street, London, W1U 7EU
• Entry to this competition is open to people who will be aged between 6 and 15 years on the 22nd February 2019. Entries must be submitted by an adult (parent/guardian or teacher) on behalf of the child; this adult must have parental consent. This adult may be asked, with parental consent, to provide proof of age, identity and eligibility. Entries will be in four age categories – ages 6 to 8 years, 9-10 years, 11-12 years and 13- 15 years.
• Families and friends of employees of Hallmark Hotels are not allowed to enter this competition.
• Entrants are asked to write a fictional short story in English (no more than 300 words) and submit entries by emailing email@example.com. When submitting entries, please also remember to add:
o Your child’s name
o Their age and date of birth
o Where in the UK you come from.
Entries can either be submit via a WORD document or PDF or copied and pasted directly into the email.
• Entries can only be accepted via email; postal entries will not be accepted.
• Entries must be an original and not an account of any real events or a copy of an already published short story. However, they can feature characters and famous/historical people within them. If entrants are unclear on whether the content of a story contradicts these Terms and Conditions, they may email the competition administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org. As the stories will be published it is important that entrants do not include any personal details about themselves. The entrant must not include their name in the title or body of the story.
• Entrants retain the copyright in their entries but grant Hallmark Hotels a royalty-free licence to publish and post the entry online. This licence will be deemed to include all the necessary rights and permissions to enable such use by Hallmark Hotels, to fulfil the prizes and to complete the administration of this competition.
• We want to see your creativity come alive so we ask that stories do not contain defamatory, obscene, offensive, or any other unsuitable material. Any such entries will be immediately disqualified.
• The deadline for entries is midnight on Friday 22nd February 2019. Entries received after this date will be disqualified.
• Between Monday 25th February – 30th March 2019, all short stories will be independently and anonymously judged by a selected panel. The winners will be notified in writing by 31st March 2019.
• Up to two winners maximum will be selected from each age category and the judges decision will be final.
• During the Easter school holidays, winners will be asked to visit/stay at a Hallmark Hotel and spend some time with an illustrator to bring their story to life. This visit is not compulsory but overnight accommodation can be arranged for families attending.
• The final book will be published in summer 2019.
• Only one entry per child is permitted.
• Winners will receive a £50 Waterstones voucher, a one-night stay in a family bedroom at a Hallmark Hotel of their choice with Mum, Dad/two primary carers and any siblings. The stay will include breakfast and an overnight meal.