Eat and drink
While we can’t match the epic calorie laden dietary onslaught served in Queen Victoria’s day, the Hallmark Hotel Carlisle is justifiably proud of its brasserie style restaurant. Its contemporary yet cosy interiors provide a stylish stage for a menu that combines modern British and European classics with the occasional spicy favourite from further afield.
You’ll find the likes of Moroccan spiced lamb tagine, pan fried river trout, forest mushroom mezzaluna pasta, alongside Curious beer battered fish and chips, bourbon BBQ glazed short rib of beef, 10oz ribeye steaks and our unbeatable burgers. If you’ve any room left, you can try our classic Hallmark British cheese experience or our Eton mess sundae with strawberries, meringue and whipped cream.
For a lighter bite there’s our wine bar but we can’t let you go without mentioning the Hallmark Hotel Carlisle’s famous afternoon tea. It’s almost a ritual in this neck of the woods and pre-booking is essential. Leave some space – perhaps prepare with a walk in the Lake District! – for its mix of finger sandwiches, tray bakes and home made fruit scones with freshly whipped cream, all washed down with a river of tea. It’s a mini feast!
We want your stay or visit to be comfortable, with food you’re familiar with that’s cooked really well and a friendly service to create the perfect atmosphere. Welcome home.
Restaurant opening times
- Monday – Thursday: 18.15 – 21.30
- Friday - Sunday: 18.15 – 21.30
Kitchen closes: 21.30
Pan Fried Chicken
How to make our signature dish at home
1 chicken breast | 25g silverskin onions | 1 spoon whole grain mustard sauce | 100ml of double cream | 35g button mushroom | 20g smoked bacon
1. Slice the chicken breast into strips
2. Pan fry the chicken with the bacon, onions and mushroom until the chicken is cooked
3. Add the cream, mustard and season with salt and pepper
4. Simmer for about 10 minutes
The healthier options: Because we understand it can be hard not to indulge when you’re away from home, our scrummy salads make it much easier to stick to your home plan. For your main course, why not try our delicious Classic Hallmark Superfood Salad - including black rice, red peppers, quinoa, soya beans, baby kale, pomegranate and chilli roasted seeds in a dark soya and ginger vinaigrette.
We offer a delicious breakfast buffet, including cooked and continental breakfast items. We are more than happy to provide table service for our guests on request. We also offer a wide choice of dishes cooked to order, please just ask. Vegetarian breakfast options are also available.
Breakfast is served between:
- Monday – Friday: 07.00 – 09.30
- Saturday - Sunday: 08.00 – 10.30
We also serve continental breakfast throughout the night via room service. We are fully flexible with our breakfast service times, as we don`t want our guests to miss their breakfast because…
1. Eating breakfast can help prevent obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes.
2. A better attention span, focus and productivity
3. Maintaining a healthy weight
4. Lower cholesterol, which reduces the risk of heart disease
5. Setting an example for our children
6. Essential nutrients
7. Eating breakfast can reverse the effects of fasting: irritability and fatigue
8. It has been linked to better learning ability and memory functions
9. Increase your metabolic rate
10. Better fitness
24 Hour room service
All our menus are available for room service delivery, between 10.00 and 22.00. After 22.00, we offer our takeaway menu with pizzas, hot dogs, nachos and sandwiches. We also offer a 24 hour drinks room service for our residents.
Join us for a delicious Sunday Roast with all of the trimmings, every Sunday from 12.00 - 17.00. Sunday Roast Offer - Buy any main course for £9.95 and get any starter for free.