Eat and drink
When it comes to seasonal local ingredients, we’re spoilt for choice. The northeast coast provides the likes of expertly smoked salmon, catch of the day landed just a few miles away and panfulls of rope-grown muscles. It’s little surprise the Hallmark Hotel Aberdeen Airport’s brasserie style restaurant with its serene earth tone contemporary interiors is a hit with locals as well as guests.
The ocean provides many of the gloriously fresh ingredients for our acclaimed menu’s mix of modern British and European dishes, drizzled with a few spicy favourites from further afield. You’ll find the likes of spiced lamb tagine, pan fried seabass fillet, Teriyaki salmon and mushroom ravioli, alongside beer battered local fish and chips, Kansas style bbq glazed spare ribs, 10oz ribeye steaks and our signature burgers. If you’ve any room left, you can try our refreshing lemon tart with clotted cream or our banana split sundae with sticky toffee fudge ice cream and whipped cream.
If you’re about to catch a flight abroad it’s intriguing mix of dishes that will excite your taste buds for what’s to come – and if you’ve just landed, it maybe a reminder of the fabulous cuisine you’ve left behind. Either way, it’s guaranteed to be a truly tasty meal.
Restaurant opening times
- Monday – Thursday: 18.30 – 21.30
- Friday and Saturday: 18.30 – 21.30
- Sunday: 18.30 – 21.30
Kitchen closes: 21.30
Meet our head chef
Name: Danny Turner
Previous experience: 20 years experience in hotels across the UK, plus 6 months in France. Trained in Oxford, gaining AA Rosettes
Signature dish: Whisky Beef Carpaccio
How to make Danny Turner's signature dish at home
400g of best beef fillet – trimmed of any sinew | Two teaspoons of black peppercorns | Flaked sea salt | Sugar | Some good whisky – preferably a malt | Six to eight radishes – washed with stems and roots left on | A couple of handfuls of watercress | Wholegrain mustard| Oil for sealing the meat
1. Crack open the peppercorns using a mortar and pestle.
2. Place the pepper in a bowl along with a teaspoon of the flaked salt, a teaspoon of sugar and two tablespoons of whisky.
3. Mix well and add the fillet of beef; coating all sides with the mixture.
4. Cover with clingfilm and allow to marinate for an hour or two, turning or shaking occasionally.
5. Remove and allow to drain but don’t remove the pepper coating.
6. Heat a frying pan, add a little oil and seal the fillet on all sides.
7. Remove, allow to cool a little and then roll it up in a square of clingfilm and twist up the ends tightly until it resembles a firm sausage.
8. Place in the fridge for an hour or so to set.
9. Make a dressing by combining a teaspoon of the mustard with a little more whisky, a little salt and pepper and a couple of pinches of sugar.
10. Slice the radishes, roots and stems included, as thinly as possible.
11. To serve, slice the beef as thinly as possible, arrange on plates and season lightly with a little flaked sea salt and black pepper.
12. Place watercress and radishes on top and dribble over the dressing.
Healthy option on our menu: For your main course, why not try our delicious Superfood Salad - roasted squash, red peppers, quinoa, edamame beans, baby kale, pomegranate and chilli-roasted seeds, with a balsamic, raspberry and black pepper dressing.
We offer a delicious breakfast buffet, including cooked and continental breakfast items. We are more than happy to provide table service for our guests on request. We also offer a wide choice of dishes cooked to order like omelettes, poached haddock, porridge, kippers and poached eggs. Vegetarian breakfast options are also available.
Breakfast is served between:
- Monday – Friday: 05.00 – 10.00
- Saturday: 06.00 – 10.00
- Sunday: 07.30 – 10.30
We also serve continental breakfast throughout the night via room service. We are fully flexible with our breakfast service times, as we don`t want our guests to miss their breakfast because…
1. Eating breakfast can help prevent obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes.
2. A better attention span, focus and productivity
3. Maintaining a healthy weight
4. Lower cholesterol, which reduces the risk of heart disease
5. Setting an example for our children
6. Essential nutrients
7. Eating breakfast can reverse the effects of fasting: irritability and fatigue
8. It has been linked to better learning ability and memory functions
9. Increase your metabolic rate
10. Better fitness
24 Hour room service
All our menus are available for room service delivery, between 10.00 and 22.00. After 22.00, we offer our takeaway menu with pizzas, hot dogs, nachos and sandwiches. We also offer a 24 hour drinks room service for our residents.