Eat and drink
Obviously we can’t predict your culinary preferences before you visit, but at the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff we’re absolutely certain we have a menu to suit virtually every taste.
Based on fine seasonal ingredients, its mix of modern British and European dishes is drizzled with a few long haul spicy favourites.
You’ll find the likes of Moroccan spiced lamb tagine, pan fried river trout, forest mushroom mezzaluna pasta, alongside Curious beer battered fish and chips, bourbon BBQ glazed short rib of beef, 10oz ribeye steaks and our unbeatable burgers. If you’ve any room left, you can try our classic Hallmark British cheese experience or our Eton mess sundae with strawberries, meringue and whipped cream. It’s great stuff. So great in fact that many locals chose to celebrate their birthdays and anniversaries with us.
And it’s not purely about the food. Our restaurant, a lovely light airy blend of pastels contrasted with rich burgundy drapes, is a wonderfully relaxed stage for the work of our talented kitchen. And we really must mention our cracking afternoon tea, served in our lounge, with finger sandwiches, cakes and scones. When it warms up in summer, you can head out onto our terrace to nibble and sip with a side serving of views and fresh ocean air.
We want your stay or visit to be comfortable, with food you’re familiar with that’s cooked really well and a friendly service to create the perfect atmosphere. Welcome home.
Finally, we wouldn’t normally recommend another hotel’s cooking. But when it’s our splendid sister property, the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton, and it’s just a couple of minutes walk away, it’s a different story. You really should try their Sunday roast lunch in Frederick’s Restaurant. It’s the stuff of local legend (just ask a local!).
Restaurant opening times
- Monday – Thursday: 19.00 - 21.00
- Friday and Saturday: 19.00 - 21.00
- Sunday: 19.00 - 21.00
Kitchen closes: 20.45
Meet our head chef
Name: Matthew Perry
Previous experience: Our talented head chef has over 14 years experience within the industry
Signature dish: Slow cooked beef with gravy & mash – just like my mum used to make
How to make Matthew Perry's signature dish at home
1. Season the Featherblade beef and rub with mustard powder, then seal on all sides
2. Glaze the pan with red wine and then add braising vegetables and thyme to container, followed by the meat.
3. Cover with water, double wrap with tin foil and braise slowly until tender (3-7 hours)
4. Once cooked tightly wrap in cling film and chill
5. Strain the stock and reduce down and add gravy granules
6. Steam and roast 50g per portion each of carrots and parsnips
7. Slice the Featherblade beef into minimum 200g (cooked weight) portions.
8. Serve on bed of mash and cover with gravy with carrots and parsnips on side.
The healthier options: Because we understand it can be hard not to indulge when you’re away from home, our scrummy salads make it much easier to stick to your home plan. For your main course, why not try our delicious Classic Hallmark Superfood Salad - including black rice, red peppers, quinoa, soya beans, baby kale, pomegranate and chilli roasted seeds in a dark soya and ginger vinaigrette.
We offer a delicious breakfast buffet, including cooked and continental breakfast items. We are more than happy to provide table service for our guests on request. We also offer a wide choice of dishes cooked to order like omelettes, poached haddock, porridge, kippers and poached eggs. Vegetarian breakfast options are also available.
Breakfast is served between:
- Monday – Friday: 07.00 – 09.30
- Saturday: 07.00 – 09.30
- Sunday: 07.00 – 09.30
We also serve continental breakfast throughout the night via room service. We are fully flexible with our breakfast service times, as we don`t want our guests to miss their breakfast because…
1. Eating breakfast can help prevent obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes.
2. A better attention span, focus and productivity
3. Maintaining a healthy weight
4. Lower cholesterol, which reduces the risk of heart disease
5. Setting an example for our children
6. Essential nutrients
7. Eating breakfast can reverse the effects of fasting: irritability and fatigue
8. It has been linked to better learning ability and memory functions
9. Increase your metabolic rate
10. Better fitness
24 Hour room service
All our menus are available for room service delivery, between 10.00 and 21.45. After 21.45, we offer our takeaway menu with pizzas, hot dogs, nachos and sandwiches. We also offer a 24 hour drinks room service for our residents.
Sunday lunch at our sister hotel
Our sister hotel, the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton is a two-minute stroll from our front door. Why not reserve a table for Sunday lunch in the more formal Frederick’s Restaurant? They serve a traditional roast, as well as a wide selection of dishes from their Sunday lunch menu.