Staff throughout my stay were very helpful. Good choice of food on the menu for lunch, dinner & breakfast
Eat and drink
We know locals in Bournemouth have a more than decent range of options when it comes to eating out. So we take it as a huge compliment that so many chose to dine in the stylish contemporary brasserie at the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff with its flickering fire, tasteful artworks and elegant modern furniture.
Using fresh seasonal ingredients our talented drizzles a menu of modern British and European classics with a few long haul spicy favourites. You’ll find the likes of spiced lamb tagine, pan fried seabass fillet, Teriyaki salmon and mushroom ravioli, alongside beer battered local fish and chips, Kansas style bbq glazed spare ribs, 10oz ribeye steaks and our signature burgers. If you’ve any room left, you can try our refreshing lemon tart with clotted cream or our banana split sundae with sticky toffee fudge ice cream and whipped cream.
We also have to give honourable mention to that most British of institutions: afternoon tea. While our brasserie’s dishes roam far and wide, we stay on home territory with a fabulous range of six different tea menus including a Mrs Beeton’s Classic and A Dorset Cream Tea. Most luxuriously there’s the Celebration Tea where you can dive into a slab of Dorset Apple Cake, some savoury scones along with a glass of bubbly or a Wild Tea Party cocktail. Resistance is futile. After all, if you can’t indulge yourself on holiday when can you?
Restaurant opening times
- Monday – Thursday: 18.30 - 21.30
- Friday and Saturday: 18.30 - 21.30
- Sunday: 18.30 - 21.30
Kitchen closes: 21:30
Meet our head chef
Name: Nathan Mizen
Previous experience: Nathan has over 10 years experience within the industry and he was previously the head chef at the Angel Hotel in Alton. Nathan has many awards under his belt; Young chef of the year 2007 – Herefordshire, 3 counties cooking chef of the year 2008 and 2009, Bespoke Hotel chef of the year 2015.
Signature dish: Pan seared Salmon, with braised little gem lettuce, broad beans and tomatoes, in a delicious Champagne and elderflower Sauce, finished with a elderflower fritter
How to make Nathan Mizen's signature dish at home
1. Portion your Salmon to 150g -170g
2. Slice the little gem lettuce in half, then sear in a very hot frying pan, then add a dash of white wine.
3. Braise the little gem in the oven for around 5-8mins until tender
4. Dice a onion and thyme and put in a sauce pan and sauté, but do not colour the onions
5. Add champagne and elderflowers and reduce by half, then add a dash of cream.
6. Reduce this by half again, then stain so you have a nice smooth sauce.
7. Pan sear the salmon for 10-12 minutes
8. Add a knob of butter with the green beans and serve
Healthy option on our menu: For your main course, why not try our delicious Superfood Salad - roasted squash, red peppers, quinoa, edamame beans, baby kale, pomegranate and chilli-roasted seeds, with a balsamic, raspberry and black pepper dressing.
We offer a delicious breakfast buffet, including cooked and continental breakfast items. We are more than happy to provide table service for our guests on request. We also offer a wide choice of dishes cooked to order like omelettes, poached haddock, porridge, kippers and poached eggs. Vegetarian breakfast options are also available.
Breakfast is served between:
- Monday – Friday: 07.00 – 09.30
- Saturday: 08.00 – 10.00
- Sunday: 08.00 – 10.00
We also serve continental breakfast throughout the night via room service. We are fully flexible with our breakfast service times, as we don`t want our guests to miss their breakfast because…
1. Eating breakfast can help prevent obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes.
2. A better attention span, focus and productivity
3. Maintaining a healthy weight
4. Lower cholesterol, which reduces the risk of heart disease
5. Setting an example for our children
6. Essential nutrients
7. Eating breakfast can reverse the effects of fasting: irritability and fatigue
8. It has been linked to better learning ability and memory functions
9. Increase your metabolic rate
10. Better fitness
24 Hour room service
All our menus are available for room service delivery, between 10.00 and 22.00. After 22.00, we offer our takeaway menu with pizzas, hot dogs, nachos and sandwiches. We also offer a 24 hour drinks room service for our residents.