Natural face masks are the perfect way to get your skin looking fabulous for winter. Not only do they nourish and rejuvenate your face, but they are also great because you get to decide what ingredients you use. Plus they don’t come with the hefty price tag of expensive skin creams and they’re free of unnecessary chemicals. Here are our top 3 homemade face mask recipes, each targeting common skin problems we all have to deal with.
Three Homemade Face Mask Recipes
Winter brings the pains of dull skin. Don’t worry this homemade recipe is rich in citric acid, which is a natural exfoliator that will leave your skin looking brighter and healthier. No need to pile on the illuminator and highlighter in the morning, ideal.
1 egg white
1 tsp freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp sour cream (not fat-free)
1. Beat the egg white in a glass bowl until it is fluffy.
2. Mix the sour cream with the grapefruit and lemon juice together.
3. Add the mixture to the egg white then apply it to a clean face.
4. Leave it for 15 minutes, then rinse off and dry your face and enjoy the benefits.
Oily skin can be a pain. No one wants a greasy appearance or to have to reapply their foundation every couple of hours and not to mention the countless amounts of blemishes that appear from nowhere. This homemade recipe is your saviour, it contains oatmeal which is great for absorbing oil.
2 tablespoons of oatmeal
1 tablespoon of lemon Juice
1 tablespoon of honey
1. combine organic oatmeal, honey, and lemon juice.
2. Apply this mixture on your face, taking care around and on the eyes area.
3. Allow the mask to dry for 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
4. Pat your face dry with a soft absorbent cloth and enjoy healthy oil-free skin.
The cold air of winter can irritate skin, making it dry, itchy and irritated – making it a nightmare to apply makeup to. Not to worry, dry chapped skin becomes a thing of the past with this super moisturising avocado recipe. You’re welcome.
1 tablespoon honey
1. Mash the avocado in a bowl
2. Stir in the honey
3. Apply to skin and leave for 10 minutes
4. Rinse it off with a cool washcloth and enjoy soft healthy skin.